Thursday, February 28, 2013

Reading Response, Non Fiction

Non Fiction Reading response
Henry Kiem
812

Psychological Challenges of a Manned Mission to Mars


     In this article about NASA's plans to send men to Mars, there are many psychological factors that NASA has to take into account. Researchers on mars will be very bored, feel isolated, and lonely. Those are just of the few problems they need to address before sending men to mars. I think that sending men to mars is a great idea and that is could prove a huge step for science. Even if they were lonely wouldn't they be busy doing research?

     I wonder why it is that NASA is worried about the crew members being lonely. The plan is to send two people up in a small space craft to research the surface of mars. Firstly, wouldn't the two people be busy at work? After all the are the first people to be sent to mars, I don't think they would be to worried about getting bored. Also, they do have a companion. It isn't like they are all alone in the middle of deep space. I think this is a great opportunity for NASA and I don't see why it is that the idea that the two astronauts up there would get bored is keeping them from doing it. In my opinion, go for it!

     Another reason I think they should send these people to the moon immediately instead of worrying about technology to keep them from being bored, is because that is a waste of time. I think the sooner a proposal to go to mars, the better. That way they aren't worrying the public. And a proposal doesn't necessarily mean "To Mars immediately!" It would still give them time to create "anti-boredom" technology if that's what some NASA executives mean. Either way, the soonera definite proposal for a mission to mars, the better.

     After reading, I defiantly think NASA should immediately get a plan together for a mission to mars. This is a huge step for science! We've heard it's possible now, why don't we just do it instead of worrying about boredom and lonliness. Either way, this mission will be very interesting to hear about and I can't wait to see what NASA decides.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/02/130227-manned-mission-mars-psychology-space-science/?source=hp_dl1_news_carnivorous_plants_2130228#


No comments:

Post a Comment